Mobile Device Management Software
Why you need it
Posted: Lee @ Intrasource
The need to work fast, efficiently and flexible in the modern business world has seen a rapid increase in the adoption of mobile devices in the workplace. Because of this, Mobile Device Management Software (MDM) is fast becoming a necessity rather than a ‘nice to have’ feature for business communications.
To achieve this flexible way of working more and more companies are choosing to allow their employees to access the corporate network from their mobile devices. This inevitably presents some challenges for IT departments to manage, as they try to mitigate the threat to security from unmanaged and lost or stolen devices.
With employees having access to more and more devices (desktop PC’s, laptops, tablets, smartphones) and with many having multiple devices connected to the corporate network, companies that choose not to invest in a quality MDM solution are likely to experience more security breaches in the future. They will also find the management of policies and inventory increasingly difficult and costly.
Policy enforcement is vital in protecting valuable business data, but it does require that a business has the right policies defined and should include access control, acceptable use, encryption and data management policies.
A quality MDM can drive efficiencies within the IT department itself. Previously tedious time-consuming jobs such as provisioning new devices, installing critical updates and patches of firmware, managing apps, or updating device security configurations etc can now all be done remotely, in bulk in a matter of minutes. Likewise, when someone leaves the organisation, access and privileges can be revoked instantly which has obvious security benefits.
Intrasource brings you SOTI MobiControl.
We have chosen to partner with SOTI to bring our clients the very best in Mobile Device Management. SOTI MobiControl has an impressive range of sophisticated features which have benefit to a long list of vertical markets.
Some of SOTI MobiControl’s key features include:
- Multi-OS capable – secure and manage all of your mobile devices and intelligent IoT endpoints (Android, iOS, Linux, macOS and windows) from a single, integrated user interface.
- Rapid Deployment and Provisioning – provision devices remotely using profiles and packages based on user role or geographic location.
- Application Management – tight integrations with Apple VPP and Google Play delivers the right application to the right employee device quickly and securely.
- Content Management – SOTI Hub and SOTI Surf containerise corporate files and web content.
- Remote Support – Remote control/view devices on any HTML5-based web browser, including browsers on smartphones and tablets.
- Device and Data Security – IT administrators prevent rogue applications and malware by controlling exactly what can and cannot be installed on a device.
- Enterprise Integration – SAML integration with leading identity providers improves the device enrolment experience for end users and secures corporate credentials.
- SOTI ONE Integration – create an incident ticket from within SOTI MobiControl and automatically link the device to the ticket in SOTI Assist, improving accuracy and speed of ticket creation.
- GeoFencing – provides the ability to restrict the geographical area in which the device can be accessed or trigger a response from the device based on location, and also gives the ability to always know where your businesses devices are located.
To find out more about how SOTI MobiControl can benefit your business contact us on 01482 628800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org